Tuesday, May 12, 2009

immune system

I was feeling really great after the liver cleanse. I am so calm .... I never realized I had anxiety, but now that it's lifted, I feel so calm. It was really a good weekend. :) My OCD tendencies have let up a lot, too.

I did have a glitch after the liver cleanse. The first night I was fine. The second night ... oh, I should mention I had three and a half margaritas at dinner (previously would have sent me to my grave) .... I woke up in the middle of the night in intense pain. Where I think my liver to be, it felt like someone was pouring acid on it. I sat up in bed, leaned forward and rocked. After time went by, I had some, uh, gas? A couple belches later, and I felt better, some more time passed, and I could lay down and go back to sleep. In the morning, I woke up feeling great. I swore off all alcohol that night and hubby said he'd never let me drink again.

The same exact thing happened the next night. Both nights the whole process took about an hour. I would have resorted to narcotics the second night, but knew that by the time they kicked in the pain would be gone anyway. I would have gone to the hospital, but I've been through that routine so many times I know it would have been useless. Hubby now realizes that the pain was not connected to the alcohol and reneges on his promise to keep me from alcohol since I had no hangover whatsoever from the three and a half margaritas.

The third night I decided to take some epsom salts. If it was stones moving around in my liver and the epsom salts were what kept it from hurting the first night, I was taking them again. No pain last night. I did wake up at 5:30 with a need to rush to the bathroom, no doubt because of the epsom salts, LOL, and when I woke up I was drenched with sweat. I thought maybe the sweat was connected to the salts, too, but my air hunger today showed it was the babs.

I felt okay this morning. I went to Pilates and was strong. The teacher had been mentioning how weak I've been the past few times (since I started the KPU treatment), but this week she said I looked strong again. She did notice my air hunger and thought I was short of breath.

I started feeling bad afterward, went to the grocery, and by the time I got home felt fluish. I treated with photons .... I try to catch the babs during flares. Still felt horrible ... usually feel good after photons. I'm achey, tired, throat hurts, have diarrhea (not from espom salts now), and want to lie down.

I think I'm to the point with the KPU where the immune system is kicking back in, thus the babs flare and the various virus symptoms. Everything I've read on "healing reactions" says that they happen when your body gets strong enough to heal, typically after you've felt "the best you've ever felt". That is true for me. So, I'm taking this down time to mean I'm getting better. I think I'm going to get some tea, some water, and go roll up on the couch and watch a movie. :) Enjoy your evening and thanks for reading.

No comments: