Friday, May 22, 2009

Second liver cleanse

TMI warning :)

For me, this was more difficult than the first. I don't know why, maybe because I'm on Humaworm. I stopped the Humaworm for the day I did the cleanse.

The fasting still killed me just like last time. In the morning, I felt weak and like I was fighting the flu. I didn't see the "peas" like last time (some very small green things, but not as big as last time), but had an unbelievable amount of sludge (looked like sawdust or cornmeal and some was bound together in balls the size of a large marble). If all this stuff from the first time and this time is really from my liver, I can't believe it was functioning at all. No wonder ART testing and muscle testing shows my liver is stressed!

Once I could start drinking juice, I made some fresh pineapple/apple juice and felt better within an hour. Not great, but better. By evening, I felt horrible again and my stomach hurt. I don't know if it was my liver or my pilates class or a combination of the two. Yes, I went to pilates the afternoon of my cleanse after having two glasses of juice and a smoothie.

Today I am feeling a lot better. I am still weak, but I am also still on Humaworm. And, weak is relative. I got up at 8:30, went to the gym and did cardio and weights. I got cleaned up and went to the country club with my husband and daughter for a nice lunch on the patio. Now I'm getting ready to go to Old Navy, Starbucks, the dry cleaners, and the office. Tonight we're going to see a movie. So, weak is relative. I'm probably feeling better than most "healthy" people ..... I actually don't think too many people are truly healthy these days, which may be why it's so hard for them to realize Lyme patients are so sick.

I've started taking a liver support product with milk thistle and dandelion. I won't take it forever, but I thought it was a nice follow up to the two liver cleanses. Honestly, it was too much with the Humaworm. I would recommend not cleansing the liver till after the round of Humaworm ... it just felt like too much. I also don't think I will feel good till I'm done with the Humaworm. It always makes me feel horrible. I'm wondering if one of the ingredients is bad for me or if it's just killing off a lot. I muscle test great for it.

I hope you are all healthy enough to enjoy the pretty weather we've been having!

No comments: